For a great deal on Campervan Hire Darwin go to http://campervanhiresalefinder.com.au.
Litchfield National Park is named after Fred Litchfield, who explored areas of the Northern Territory in 1864. Other attractions in the area include:
- Buley Rockhole - a long series of cascading plunge pools. A camp ground is available and it's open all year round.
- Wangi Falls - easily accessible and open all year round. swimming is not always possible due to changing water levels from heavy rain. A campground is available with some caravan camping iat non-powered sites.
- Tolmer Falls - these falls cascade into a deep plunge pool. The bottom of the falls is home to colonies of rare Ghost Bats and Orange Horseshoe Bats.
- Tjaetaba Falls - these falls and the area below them is an Aboriginal sacred site, and visitors are requested to swim only above the falls.
- Tjaynera Falls (Sandy Creek) - there's a quiet plunge pool beneath Tjaynera Falls. Camping is available. Access is by four-wheel drive only.
- Surprise Creek Falls - these falls are open for swimming. Camping facilities are available. Access is by four-wheel drive only. (source: Wikipedia)
As well as that there are attractions like Blyth Homestead (built in 1929), Bamboo Creek, Magnetic termite mounds and plenty of outstanding walking tracks. What are you waiting for?
Video: Justin takes the plunge at Florence Falls
Remember to check out Campervan Hire Darwin at http://campervanhiresalefinder.com.au.